Computing Fellow applications for the Spring 2022 term are now open! More information about applying can be found at https://csc.barnard.edu/hire-
About the program
Computing Fellows are undergraduate peer academic leaders who assist in the development and execution of CSC workshops and other projects, including helping faculty to develop and lead computational projects.
Fellows are attached to courses or programs and are expected to hold workshop(s) or one-on-one conferences and attend weekly meetings. Applicants should have some experience coding and a strong willingness to learn about computational methods and pedagogy. More information can be found here.
The Vagelos Computational Science Center (CSC) is hiring Computing Fellows for the Spring 2022 semester. Computing Fellows assist in the development of computing-related workshops and other resources and work with specific courses or programs, with a particular focus on helping to develop computational projects and in-class activities. Applicants should have an interest in peer teaching, some experience coding, and most importantly, a strong willingness to learn. Successful candidates will be "attached" to a Barnard course with a computational component, assist faculty and students, and/or develop a workshop related to the topic of the course with assistance from the CSC.
RequirementsCandidates must meet the following required qualifications:
- Interest in peer teaching.
- Capability in coding, demonstrated through completion of Advanced Programming or an alternate upper-level coding course. We are open to applicants who demonstrate capability in other ways, such as through significant independent projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Must be a currently enrolled student in good standing.
- Experience with Python or R are particularly welcome.
- Teaching experience in coding or willingness to learn.
- Peer teaching experience at a collegiate level.
We particularly encourage applications from juniors and experienced sophomores, so that they may continue as Computing Fellows in future years. To apply, please submit a single combined filed containing a cover letter describing your interest in the position and your resume. The job posting is listed under Barnard Works, Job ID 14300.